Below are some sites that have resources for boards. I have visited these sites to get ideas for managing boards as well as sample checklists and forms.
Some of these sites require that you sign up or join to get the best information. Some of the sites are consultants who would like your work. I cannot vouch for and do not endorse any of them for their paid work.
If you know of other sites that you think are helpful, let me know.
- 501 Commons — https://www.501commons.org/
- Blue Avocado – A magazine for nonprofits: http://www.blueavocado.org/
- Board Effect: https://www.boardeffect.com/
- Board Source: https://boardsource.org/
- BridgeSpan: https://www.bridgespan.org/
- Cause Planet: https://www.causeplanet.org/
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence: https://www.centerfornonprofitexcellence.org/
- Center for NonProfit Management: https://www.cnm.org/
- Free Management Library: https://managementhelp.org/
- Know How Nonprofit (from UK): https://knowhownonprofit.org/
- LaPiana: http://www.lapiana.org/
- Legal Zoom: http://info.legalzoom.com/difference-between-501c3-501c4-26450.html
- National Council of Nonprofits: https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/
- Network for Good: https://www.networkforgood.com/
- NonProfit Quarterly: https://nonprofitquarterly.org/
- Northwest NonProfit Notes: http://www.nonprofitnotes.com/
- .Org Solutions: http://dotorgsolutions.com/
- Washington NonProfit Institute: https://www.wanonprofitinstitute.org/boards/